Re: networkmanager hasnt option bluetooth device for DUN @ Acer TimelineX

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 19:45 -0700, thief shadow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've two laptop. One of them Fujitsu-Siemens and the other Acer
> TimelineX and Arch Linux is installed on both of them. There are some
> differences between running same programs because of hardware issues.
> Anyway, i dont know why there is no Bluetooth device option in
> NetworkManager on Acer TimelineX but it works perfect on
> Fujitsu-Siemens. Maybe versions are different because Arch Linux on
> Acer TimelineX is more up-to-date. i'm almost sure that the problem
> doesnt depends on hardware  because when i connect Dial-up Networking
> (DUN) everything goes ok..
> [root hoobastank ~]# rfcomm
> rfcomm0: F0:5E:CD:AE:FC:33 -> 00:25:D0:BF:EF:AE channel 4 connected
> [reuse-dlc tty-attached]
> [root hoobastank ~]#
> so there is actually a Bluetooth device but NetworkManager cant handle
> it, there is no option.
> Arch Linux @ Acer TimelineX
> bluez-4.72-1
> blueman-1.21-5
> networkmanager-0.8.1-1
> modemmanager-0.4-1
> My smart phone : Nokia E71

NetworkManager 0.8.1 does have Bluetooth DUN support, so the version
should be fine.  However, you'll want to make sure you have
gnome-bluetooth installed, and then you'll want to re-pair your phone
and at the end of the pairing process, check the "Access the internet
with my phone" box, which makes the device show up in NetworkManager.

http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2009/07/10/unwire-with-networkmanager/

If that doesn't work, getting some logs from NetworkManager (usually
in /var/log/messages or /var/log/daemon.log) woudl be necessary to
figure out what's going wrong.