Re: modem-manager: No-Plugins and networkmanager not able to detect modem device

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 17:52 -0700, hong sheng wrote:
> Hi Bin,
>
> I solved the problem and now the modem can do auto-connection. The
> original problem was caused by sid 0 re-signed to be sid 99 issue as
> posted in the website
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/456612

What does the modem indicate for the AT+CSS response?  Note that
ModemManager 0.4 includes support for Qualcomm DIagnostic Monitor mode
on modems that support that (which is almost all CDMA devices) and when
there is a QCDM port available, that port is used for serving system and
status detection instead of the AT port.  SO it might be that you have
an older version of ModemManager or a version of NetworkManager that
does not support ModemManager.

MM has had quite a number of fixes in the past year to work around
various modem firmware bugs that cause false indication of network
registration, and I think we've got it fixed quite well now.

Dan