Re: GSM modem enable failed: (32) Failed to find a usable modem character set

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 15:07 +0200, van Schelve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I asked for a generic debug mechanism for network-manager /
> modem-manager. The reason for my request is that we get a big number of
> different connection issues with network-manager / modem-manger.
> One of the problem is now reproducable by me. When trying to bring up
> the 3g based systemconnection I get the following error:

This is likely because the device only supports the "GSM" character set,
which modem-manager does not yet support fully (because it's old,
horrid, and evil).  I've recently done a bunch of work to enable it, but
there is a few small pieces yet to do:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/commit/?id=9e94dd5b6124d00cf10d6296c7c9aa80f8f68d80
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/commit/?id=ee4166f66fe2516cd5a92181f5f0e5618a862ee3

To completely verify, please follow the directions at:

http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging

about ModemManager debugging so we can find out which character sets the
modem supports and which it doesn't.

THanks!
Dan