Re: BT DUN based systemconnections in 0.8.1 beta

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 15:01 +0200, van Schelve wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 25.05.2010, 14:39 +0200 schrieb Bastien Nocera
> <hadess hadess net>:
> > On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 13:11 +0200, van Schelve wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm still having problems with bluetooth dun based system connections
> in
> >> 0.8.1 beta:
> >>
> >> 1. No ui in nm-applet is available
> >> 2. if created from scratch as system-connection they not shown in
> >> nm-applet
> >>
> >> With cnetworkmanager I'm able to list such a connection but I'm not
> able
> >> to bring it up with
> >> this tool. In this context, can someone explain the commandline
> interface
> >> of networkmanager to me?
> >>
> >> On http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/ReleaseProcess I found that BT
> >> DUN
> >> should be included
> >> in the 0.8.1 release. Can someone clarify this? If dun
> systemconnections
> >> are not part of 0.8.1 release
> >> can someone tell me what's missing?
> >
> > You need to pair your device using gnome-bluetooth's wizard, and the
> > wizard to set up DUN will appear on the last page.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Hi Bastien,
> thank you for your reply but that's not what I'm looking for. What I need
> is
> a systemconnection that can be stored in
> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/
> like it can be done with 3G based as well. On the other hand there is
> nothing
> in nm-applet to modify a exiisting bluetooth connection. So for example if
> you
> have different APN's you cannot easy change it.

With 0.8.1-beta2 (just uploaded) you can use the following syntax:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/plain/system-settings/plugins/keyfile/tests/keyfiles/ATT_Data_Connect_BT?id=d422ce42c400611369a6951bbc9dc012515a3e5b

of course, the device has to be paired with Bluez (or some bluetooth
manager like gnome-bluetooth) first.