wirelesws connection before login

I have meant to follow up on this years ago but let it slip. But this
came up recently on the fedora-list so I need to ask.

It seems to me that several versions ago it was possible to have NM
create a wireless connection on boot rather than only on login. Is this
possible and if so how does one set this up?
"It's a summons." "What's a summons?" "It means summon's in trouble." --
Rocky and Bullwinkle