From: Dan Williams [mailto:dcbw redhat com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 3:06 AM
To: Nguyen Canh Toan
Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
Subject: Re: About DBus Interface specification

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 22:11 -0700, Nguyen Canh Toan wrote:
> Dear Dan,
>

> Thank for your works about DBus Interface specification
> http://www.bgiw.org/~dan/mm-spec.html
>

> But when writing client application, I found it provide not enough
> information. For example,
>
> With org.freedesktop.ModemManager.Modem Interface. I cannot find DBus
> name also Object path in order to make methods call GetInfo()

So that interface is actually provided by ModemManager, not by
NetworkManager.  NetworkManager acts as the central controller daemon
that coordinates between various pieces of hardware, while most specific
hardware is driven by it's own service (wpa_supplicant, ModemManager,
etc).

I've uploaded the generated spec to:

http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/mm-spec-04.html

It's the spec from git master though, so some of the stuff like
AccessTechnology and SetAllowedMode hasn't shown up in a release quite
yet.