gui design of nm-applet

We are planning to rollout NM > 0.8 to a very! big number of mobile Linux
systems. Our different usecases for NM are Ethernet, 3G datacards,
bluetooth based 3g and in small numbers wlan as well.

Today we had a discussion about nm-applet in our companay. We are worried
about our user get overcharge with the usability of nm-applet. The biggest
painpoint we talked about in this context is way nm presents the available
devices, available connections and the active connections.

The horizontal separator should be removed from nm-applet. It looks like a
logical separator between different connection types.
Maybe it could be a way using differnt font size / weight? Or maybe
indenting blockwise?

Are there currently any plans to polish the nm-applet?

HG