No error is returned to user if system settings plugin fails connection update

Using NM 0.8 + nm-applet 0.8 I hit the following situation - if ->update
plugin method fails (for whatever reason - e.g. plugin is not able to
create necessary file) - no error is returned to user. Error is
correctly returned if creation of new system connection fails.

I start nm-connection-editor and select system connection to modify. I
correctly get authentication request and am able to modify connection
(and save changes if no errors happened). But if there are errors inside
of plugin during updating of connection settings, very funny situation
results - logical state of NM is updated (i.e. if I start n-c-e again, I
see my changes) but state in files on permanent storage is not updated,
meaning restarting NM show again previous configuration.

I verified that plugin really returns error, error is correctly set and
plugin should be calling callback (in this case con_update_cb). This
unfortunately pretty much ends my ability to debug it further - I am not
good at D-Bus internals.

Background - I am working on system settings plugin for Mandriva (which
diverged significantly from RH). Plugin is based on ifcfg-rh, at least
w.r.t. interface to the rest of NM. Because Mandriva does not fully
implement everything that is offered by NM (e.g. - no IPv6, no LEAP etc)
- I expected being able to return error from plugin during update to
inform user that settings are not supported. It does not work :( If it
is possible to indicate "parameter not supported" in advance, it would
be just fine (although bug still remains :)

Thank you!

-andrey