PPPoE metric (feature request?)

Hi there,

It would seem that NM always creates the default route for PPPoE connections
with a metric of 0.
That confuses my VPN, as it needs to override the previous default
route. But I can't set the metric manually, as I'd have to override the entire
default route statically, however the default route needs a gateway which may
change (and it would probably break the rest of the PPP autoconfig, too...).
So I think I need a way to tell networkmanager to use a certain metric for the
entire connection. After all, the metric is a strictly local property which
has nothing to do with what the autoconfigured routing entries look like. Is
there any way to do this or is this a feature request?

thanks,
Victor