Re: howto ignore rfkill switch

On 08/06/2010 07:10 AM, Larry Finger wrote:
On 08/06/2010 12:51 AM, Dana Goyette wrote:

My Samsung laptop's rfkill switch, on the other hand, is entirely
software.  If I unload the samsung-laptop module with the wifi card set
to "kill", the wifi card can at least receive.  I'm not sure about
sending, since r8192pci mostly fails.

The staging drivers for the 8192 know nothing about the rfkill subsystem, thus
this point is moot.

Larry
What I mean is that the 8192 driver fails in various ways even when not rfkilled -- but that's an entirely different issue.