wilreless connection before login

A week or so ago I posted the following question:

> I have meant to follow up on this years ago but let it slip. But this
> came up recently on the fedora-list so I need to ask.
>
> It seems to me that several versions ago it was possible to have NM
> create a wireless connection on boot rather than only on login. Is
this
> possible and if so how does one set this up?
>From Marc Herbert I received the response

Wild guess: did you try to configure it using system-config-network,
and then pass it to NM using the ifcfg-rh plugin?

http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/SystemSettings
I used system-configure-network to re-configure the ifcfg-eth1 file and
am using the ifcfg-rh plugin. I got no connection before boot although
the ifcfg-eth1 file indicated the ONBOOT=yes option

from Dan Williams I got the comment:

You can also move connections between user and system with
nm-connection-editor; look for the "Available to all users" checkbox in
each connection's edit window.  Checking that box makes it a system
connection (thus available at boot time) as long as a plugin is enabled
that allows writing of system connections.  That wiki page should also
talk about system settings plugins.

I tried that. I used nm-connection-editor to edit the entry for the AP I
was using. Checked: the "Available to all users" checkbox.
Then maybe I made a mistake by clicking activate. The result was the AP
disappeared from the list of APs seen in the nm-applet, so that was no
good.

Would someone just tell me how to activate a wireless connection before
logging in with clear instructions I can follow. I assume this is
possible

Blessed is he who expects no gratitude, for he shall not be
disappointed. -- W.C. Bennett

What!? Me worry? -- Alfred E. Newman