Re: Annoying NetworkManager "feature"

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 22:58 -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> On Thursday 10 September 2009 16:59:29 Dan Williams wrote:
> > > As far as setting "only use this connection for resources on its
> > > network", I did have this work "at one time" but now seems to be
> > > consistently failing to set ... I can edit the device connection, check
> > > the box, and then save/apply this change.  However, when I re-edit that
> > > device, the box is no longer checked?
> >
> > Hmm, you seem to be using an older version of NetworkManager... what
> > specific version do you have?
>
> qemu-kvm Fedora 11 x86_64 guest with many updates applied. NM is:
> NetworkManager.x86_64                1:0.7.1-8.git20090708.fc11    installed

Huh, that should work.  Can you do a bit of debugging for me?

As root:

1) service NetworkManager stop
2) killall -TERM nm-system-settings
3) /usr/sbin/nm-system-settings --debug --config /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf
4) (in another terminal, as root)  service NetworkManager start

then open up the connection editor, and check the box, and hit apply,
and re-open it to see if that worked.  Do you get any messages from the
terminal running nm-system-settings?  Do you get asked to authorize when
checking the box?