network status change issue...

Hey,

I am currently having issues with Network Manager. Whenever I unplug the ethernet cable Network Manager picks up on the fact it is disconnected. Then it tries to connect to whatever wifi connections I have setup. This works properly. The issue I am running into is whenever I plug back in the active network cable Network Manager continues to see the ethernet card as disconnected. I have to either restart Network Manager or at least uncheck Enable Networking and recheck it in the Network Manager menu. Only after I do that does Network Manager reconnect to the active ethernet connection… I have tried googleing for info on this issue but have come up with nada… Any help you could provide would be great. Also, I have setup Network Manager on this machine to use a globally configured network config file stored in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections. The config file is setup properly and it does work just fine. It just seems that NM stops polling for a change in the eth0 device once I unplug it.

Jonathan Hooker

Desktop Support – Engineering (Linux)

Garmin International

Jonathan Hooker Garmin com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation