Re: force nm to use a connection

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 06:55:45AM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> Can you point me to some info on how that can be done?

The pppoe command line tool provides the -A option (from man):

       -A     The  -A  option  causes pppoe to send a PADI packet and
              then print the names of access concentrators in
              each PADO packet it receives.  Do not use this option in
	      conjunction with pppd; the -A option is  meant
              to be used interactively to give interesting information
	      about the access concentrator.

I tried that when i still had my pppoe thing connected to a system and
it worked.

 - Alexander