Feature request: Blacklist BSSID or MAC address

Our campus wireless network has several dozen access points scattered
around campus.  From where I sit in my office, I can see about a dozen
or so.  Frequently, NM (or the driver) selects an AP with a relatively
weak signal (to the point of being unusable), even though I sit across
the hall from a much stronger one.

I don't want to bind the configuration to a single BSSID, because I do
move around the campus and I want to be able to connect wherever I am.
But I do want to blacklist the weak APs near my office, so I don't have
to force reassociation (which seems to require power-cycling my wireless
interface).

I don't see a way to do that in the pull-down Edit Connections menu.  Is
it possible to add such a feature?  Or should I be asking for something
else to deal with this issue?  (For example, is it a driver bug?)

Thanks.
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences