Re: interactions between OLPC wifi and mesh interfaces

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 17:37 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> In the basic testing I've done on 8.2.1 I'm  not sure it disconnects
> from the mesh when connecting to a standard network. I had problems
> when connecting to my AP until I worked out I had to put the mesh on
> the same channel as my AP. Once I did that I could connect to the AP
> fine but the mesh channel still throbbed in the Neighbourhood to show
> it was on that connection.

You're right, there are some reliability bugs in the old code there --
it doesn't always work. And sometimes you end up with a confusing state
on the network view like you are seeing. I hope to lose these bugs in
the new NM/sugar code, hence me asking for implementation advice.

Daniel