NetworkManager on/off again finding/connecting to my home wireless network

         I just installed fedora 10 on a Compaq C751NR laptop with an
Atheros 5k card in it. The hardware seems fine and the first time I
booted the NetworkManager found several wireless networks in the
neighborhood and I selected mine, entered the WPA2 key and all was
well. Then it stopped working, then I ran yum update and it worked
again, then stopped working, worked one more time before finally
nothing I do can get it back. I have been searching the mailing list
archive fruitlessly for a while, I am guessing I am just searching for
the wrong things every time. Could someone just point me in the right
direction, I don't mind doing the leg work, I am just stumped.

         Thank you.

                                             Brendan