Re: Connection breaks frequently with Connection Sharing (3G to WLAN)

Hi!

Here is lspci -vv for the device:

00:0a.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2500 802.11g Cardbus/mini-PCI (rev 01)
	Subsystem: CNet Technology Inc CWP-854 Wireless-G PCI Adapter
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
	Kernel driver in use: rt2500pci
	Kernel modules: rt2500pci, rt2500

Regards, JJ

julien bresciani [julien bresciani free fr] kirjoitti:
Juhani Jaakola wrote:
> I have a PC with A-Link WL54H WLAN card (driver rt2500pci) and a USB > 3G modem. I connect to the Internet via the 3G modem and I want to > share that connection with other PCs via WLAN. I'm running Fedora 10.
>
> I connected to Internet with "Auto GSM network connection". Then I > chose "Create New Wireless Network..." to share the 3G connection to > other PCs with WLAN. I created a network with security NONE. Then I > connect to the new ad hoc WLAN network from ThinkPad with Windows XP SP3.
>
> My problem is that the WLAN connection to the ThinkPad breaks very > frequently. Last hour the connection broke 13 times! This is what I > get in /var/log/messages: have a look at your ad-hoc connection side, a lot of wireless drivers doesnt support it well, I got the same problems with an intel 3945 with iwl3945 driver, the ad-hoc mode is bad, i have a lot of difficulties to merge bssids.

I suggest you to test only the connection between your two computers, without sharing connection first ( try some file transfers, between the two computers, wait a few minutes, restart a file transfer... ). if the connection is rock stable, then you can suspect the connection sharing, but I guess you wont.

a lspci could be usefull to see your wireless chip brand.