Re: Mobile broadband and carriers

Dan Williams wrote:
> Can you grab some logs from /var/log/daemon.log and report what they
> say?  Depends on where the connection is actually failing.  Then we can
> try to run NM manually with some serial debugging information and see
> what specific bits the phone doesn't like.
>
> Dan

Nothing gets written to that file when I plug in the phone. The applet
goes trough the set up dialogs, an option to select my carrier appears
on the list of available networks, but when I select the mobile carrier
the connection returns to use the wireless network (or whatever I was
using at that time...). It's kinda weird, the last log entry is dated
about 7 hours ago, there's nothing on my current session (a power of in
the middle).

Janne