Re: Question regarding the features for the next release

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 19:00 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I see that PAN support is coming in 8.0 but your blog post mentioned
> that Bluetooth DUN would be a bit more difficult.   Is that going to
> make the next release or would it be further down the road?   I am
> primarily interested in being able to use Bluetooth to my Blackberry
> since that device won't show up as a serial device.

Blackberry is going to be more problematic, since its serial stuff is
quite a bit more "special".  It requires the use of berry to poke the
USB bits into serial mode, requires special commands to send the
PIN/unlock code to the device, and doesn't support a lot of the
traditional AT commands.  But thankfully I think ModemManager with 0.8
can handle that better and even perhaps transparently to NM.

I don't have a ton of time to work on DUN at this moment, and I'm
thinking it may not hit 0.8.0 unless we get some help on that front.
But it's still certainly a priority.