Re: Problems with Networkmanager 0.7

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 09:30 +0800, Ronald Wiplinger (Lists) wrote:
>
>> Dan Williams wrote:

>>> It might be that the card isn't connecting within the timeout, thus NM
>>> asks for a new key because it thinks your key is wrong.  Does it connect
>>> the second time if you just hit "OK" without editing the key itself?
>>> This could indicate a driver problem.  What driver is 8.04 using on your
>>> machine?
>>>

>> There is no "OK", there is a Cancel or type in Key and Connect.
>>

> Ah, I mean connect.  Does it work if you just hit "Connect" again?  NM
> only asks for keys if the driver fails to associate to the access point.

Now I am getting totally frustrated!
I "had" to install Networkmanager 0.7, because I also use an E220 to
connect to the Internet.

This morning an "update" arrived via Ubuntu updates. First smile after
rebooting was: GREAT it connects now automatically to the network again!
But I was / am very frustrated, because I have now to disconnect in
order to open an application.
While I am connected ANY (did I mention ANY) application, including
terminal, ... will just show "starting up ..." and die silently.

I have now to disconnect, open all applications I might need now and can
then connect again (no password question, it knows my password ;-) ) and
can continue to work. Not the way I like to work forever, .... hopefully
somebody finds the bug soon and gives me the solution how to install it,
because, if I am connected, I cannot open the update, and if I am not
connected, I cannot download the update, ....

bye

Ronald