dhcp client usage

Hello,

I'm adding functionality to NM in order to support a broadband module.

The hw module has a cdc-acm interface which I send AT command stuff to and
in the end, a cdc-ether interface is created. So far so god, I use the nm_device_set_ip_iface() in order to specify where the IP traffic should go (at least this is my assumption :-) ) so iface is ttyACM0 and ip_iface is mb0 in my case. Next step is to do a DHCP
request session on the ip_iface in order to fetch ip, gw and dns's.
Unfortunally though in nm-device.c, the routines that handles dhcp uses iface
and not ip_iface so here it fails for the moment.

If I let my cdc-acm interface (which is a bit similar to nm-hso-gsm-device.c|h, but yet not) return ok for ip config, I get the nice antenna icon and interface is
believed to be up.
Thereafter I can manually start dhclient on the ethernet interface and all is ok.

But howto make NM do this for me? Shouldn't really the dhcp routines in nm-device use the ip_iface instead of iface? (guess this will break stuff a bit until it is fixed by having all interfaces specify ip_iface even though it could be same as iface in some places)

Please enlighten me a bit in the NM architecture for the dhcp stuff here :-)

Thanks and best regards,
Per