Re: nm vpn plugin api docs?

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 10:32:04 pm Dan Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 11:50 -0400, Steve Hillier wrote:
> > I’m looking for some documentation to supplement the existing vpn
> > plugin examples. Any VPN API docs available?

I'm also looking for information on how to write a VPN plugin. Any suggestions
on the best way to get started?  Just study the existing examples?  Is there
any sort of outline of key elements that need to be implemented?  D-Bus is
clearly important to the operation, so I'm supposing that understanding D-Bus
and the D-Bus APIs is a good place to start.

My plugin will support the AT&T Global Network VPN.  I'm not sure how common
that is, but it's what my company uses.  I need to look into licensing issues
with the AT&T API to figure out if I can release the plugin or not.

Also, my plan was to implement against NetworkManager 6.6, since that's the
version on my system (Ubuntu 8.04).  If it's been rewritten twice since then,
perhaps that's a bad choice?

Thanks,

        Shawn.