Re: nm vpn plugin api docs?

Oie, you've been busy. Well you may recall I attempted an openswan plugin a year ago but ran into some formidible hurdles, some from API limitations, some from the nature of ipsec (specifically openswan) on Linux.

Well, I've got some vacation and the desire to code in something other than bash or java, so I'm gonna try again. I think i know how to handle openswans requirements, and from what you said, I'll likely need to use the latest rewitten VPN API, as two of my biggest challenges were interactive authentication and multiple, concurrent connections -- this is absolutely needed because of the way openswan handles the case of multiple subnets over a single tunnel.

So I checked out the latest rev from svn trunk, but I didnt see the API changes you mentioned. Is the rewritten code you 'shelved' even avaiable yet?

I tried to build anyway, but I'm having a hell of a time getting all the dependencies satisfied. I switched to ubuntu this year, and while I love the stability, the software packages are dated and setting up a sane build environment seems to be a big first step to working on the 0.7 code tree. Funny enough, 0.6x builds fine.

So question 2: is there any simple way (ie : guide) to sandbox a build environment that doesn't blow up my working desktop? I'm not having much luck thus far.

How do you do it?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone