Re: PPTP VPN plugin resurrected from the dead

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 08:42 +0200, Bjorge Solli wrote:
>> Next Q: Can I find the settings files somewhere and copy it to another
>> user, preferrably also scripting a username change?
>
> The username that gets sent (unless overridden) is the current user's
> name.  So you can either leave it blank, or override the default.

If I try to remove the username NM-applet doesn't save the change and
leaves the field as before. A bug?

> The connection can be dumped out of GConf using [1] once you know the
> connection's path, which you could find with gconf-editor, then you can
> import [2] that connection on the other person's machine.  Make sure you
> use a unique gconf path when importing though so you don't arbitrarily
> overwrite what's on the new person's machine.
<...>
> [1] gconftool-2 --dump /system/networking/connections/3 > vpn.xml
>
> [2] gconftool-2 --load dump.xml /system/networking/connections/999

This would be perfect! But are you sure about that path? I dont't have a
/system/networking folder at all.

# gconftool-2 --dump /system/networking
<gconfentryfile>
  <entrylist base="/system/networking">