Re: push "redirect-gateway def1" no longer seems to work on OpenVPN plugin

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 04:01 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
> >> I am running SVN 3973 and the OpenVPN plugin works well and my
> >> specific routes are all pushed to my client but the push
> >> "redirect-gateway def1"
> >>  seems to be failing.
> >>

> Sorry to bug but am I the only one seeing this issue?

Probably not, but any idea on how this get pushed to the client scripts?
We'd need to figure that out and handle that in either NM or the openvpn
plugin helper when generating the IP4 config.  BTW, is your objective to
not route all traffic over the VPN?  What's your desired routing
configuration?

There's some issues to be worked through with tun vs. tap devices and
how NM figures out some of the IP configuration, because it seems that
things like netmasks (--ifconfig-push for tun devices doesn't send a
netmask at all, and static-key doesn't allow netmasks to be specified
via the command line) always have to get handled out-of-bad in various
random connect scripts that people have to write all the time.