Re: New icons for nm-applet

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 17:14 +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've always loathed the icons shipped with fedora for network manager,
> they just don't seem to fit with our current gnome look.
>
> Over the weekend I sat and drew up some new icons, they're inspired a
> bit by jimmac's new icons for suse as seen here
> http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php?i=NetworkManager
>
> I've only done these icons in 24x24 but could do 22x22 and 16x16 if
> asked *really* nicely :)

Yep, I've seen these, there's a bug open for them on gnome.org, but
there's on objection I have:  the "progress" icon re-uses the signal
strength bars as the progress meter, which is confusing.  If the
progress icons were re-done using the spinning balls or some other
indicator, then I'd do another eval and they might just get committed...
jimmac declined to spend time on that.

Dan