Re: NetworkManager on Openmoko: ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported

On Sat, 2008-10-25 at 09:51 +0200, Marcus Bauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using NetworkManager on the Openmoko phone and partially it works
> like a charme: the nm-applet shows up in the panel and clicking on it I
> get the list of wireless networks. I can select one and get asked for
> the key. It just does not connect...
>
> Doing an iwconfig I can see that the correct essid and key are set and
> doing an dhcpclient I get an IP address. Thus NetworkManager correctly
> configures the wifi interface but doesn't start the dhcp afterwards.

First off, you're using NM 0.6.x :)  I'd recommend 0.7.

Second, that shows that the wifi driver is clearly broken, because it
doesn't support the standard wireless extensions calls that have been
around for more than 2 years.  The driver needs to be fixed.