Re: Mobile Broadband - how do I trace/debug the modem initialisation?

--On Tuesday, October 21, 2008 09:50:35 +0100 Stuart Ward <stuart ward bcs org> wrote:

¦ The issue is that you have enabled unsolicited response codes. Several possable solutions
¦ 1) add +CREG=0 to your init string to disable.
¦ 2) perhaps nm should be able to parse the response string and match it to a regex _expression_ rather than a fixed string. What is important is the the modem is registered to a network so a response of 1 or 5 would be valid

Thanks, that's beginning to make sense. Do I understand "unsolicited response string" to mean the modem can send a +CREG code at any time, not just in response to an AT query? If so then i can see why it's better not enabled.

Inelegant though it is, i think NM does need a way to define custom init (& de-init?) strings externally. This has been the bane of programming modems ever since Hayes invented the AT command set :(.

Rick