Two networks with the same SSID

There are two networks with the same SSID around here I suppose. The
symptoms: sometimes I have no problems connecting to the network, but
sometimes network-manager tries to connect and then asks for the keys,
and in such case it is virtually impossible to connect even after many
tries — unless I come physically close to the wireless router, in
which case the connection has a high chance to succeed. In any case,
when eventually connected, the connection works fine from the first
location as well; it does not drop, and does not stall. dmesg shows
different AP macs in the successful and unsuccessful case, even though
nm always shows a single network with this name.

Is it possible to specify the connection in nm such that it always
chooses the right network? I tried to specify a MAC in the connection
dialog (I am not sure whether this is supposed to be my the network
card mac or the AP mac), but then nm does not connect to such network
and creates another connection when I choose the network from the
applet.

iwconfig shows:

wlan0     IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:"rehalp"  Nickname:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.457 GHz  Access Point: 00:C0:02:D7:A1:30
          Bit Rate=54 Mb/s   Tx-Power=27 dBm
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr=2346 B
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=100/100  Signal level=-44 dBm  Noise level=-94 dBm

I will be living for one more week in this location.

--
Marcin Kowalczyk
qrczak knm org pl