Re: forcing 802.11a

On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 14:25 -0400, Patrick Lepore wrote:
> at my office, the wireless connection has the same SSID for a,b and g
> networking.  Network manager keeps connecting to the wireless-g
> connection but I'd like to force to to connect to wireless-a due to
> some interference issues.  Is there a way to specify that in
> network-manager?

There's not a good way of doing that in the supplicant or with Wireless
Extensions, so NM can't do that yet either.  You could try to BSSID-lock
the connection to that specific 802.11a AP, at which point NM will
direct wpa_supplicant to only associate with that specific AP, but the
drivers sometimes roam to other, stronger APs as they find them.  Try
the BSSID lock in the connection editor first, let me know if that
works.

dan