RE: ppp support

Title: Re: ppp support

De: Tambet Ingo [mailto:tambet gmail com]
Enviado el: lun 03/03/2008 19:38
Para: Vitja Makarov
CC: PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE; networkmanager-list gnome org
Asunto: Re: ppp support

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Vitja Makarov <vitja makarov gmail com> wrote:
>>  I see it in the tree but I don't see it works, correct me if i'm wrong.

>It works for GSM and CDMA.

>>  nm-ppp-manager works mainly on serial ppp links as I see.

>Yes, it currently works only for serial devices, but that doesn't mean
it can't work for other ppp connections. If there's something wrong
with the current implementation, let's fix it, instead of writing new
program and trying to integrate it with NM. The current ppp manager in
NM is just enough we needed to get GSM and CDMA working. DSL support
is very high on my list of things to add. Feel free to suggest what
should be done differently to satisfy your needs with it.

I would add HSPA support  (3.5G), specially for Huawei E220 USB modem.

Regards.

Pedro