Re: disabling polkit?

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Steve <steve gnomeslackbuild org> wrote:
> Hello!  How integrated is polkit in NetworkManager?  I would like to
> build NM for Slackware, which doesn't come with polkit, and I would like
> to try avoid installing it if I could.  I'm just if it would be possible
> (without major changes to code) to build nm without it? At the moment
> I'm using an older version of NM from svn that doesn't require polkit.

There's one place in NetworkManager
(system-settings/src/nm-polkit-helpers.c) and one place in
NetworkManager-gnome (src/connection-editor/nm-connection-list.c)
where you can patch it out. But that would mean any user would be able
to change system network configuration and it's probably not a good
idea.

It would probably be a better bet to convince slackware to include
policy kit as more and more programs are starting to use it.

Tambet