Re: NM 0.7.0-0.6.7.svn3302.fc8

On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 00:57 +0000, The Holy ettlz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the current Fedora 8 NetworkManager build from Koji
> (0.7.0-0.6.7.svn3302.fc8) and seeing some issues with WPA2. I just got a
> new router/access point that's configured for WPA2/EAP-TLS, alongside my
> old access point with WPA/EAP-TLS. Both connect to the same RADIUS
> server.
>
> The WPA network works fine, but the new WPA2 set-up seems to only ever
> be able to connect just *once*. This first connection will work fine. If
> I try to connect again, it fails and prompts for the certificate
> information again. To get it to work, I have to stop NetworkManager and
> nm-applet, ifconfig the interface down, and start them up again. Note in
> the logs that eth1 never gets beyond stage 4 with the second go.
>
> I've attached some logs (adjusted for privacy!) from nm-applet and
> NetworkManager. I also see the following from both the applet and
> manager:

So it looks like the issue is deeper and we'll need to know what
wpa_supplicant is doing.  Can you add a "-ddd" to the end of the "Exec"
line
in /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant.service and get the connection to fail like that again, then send me the output of /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log?  That should shed some light on why the supplicant isn't making the connection.

Thanks,
Dan