three privacy questions

Hi,

I am new on the list, and I subscribed, because I have three questions.

First is about VPN's.

In VPN settings there is an option to automatically connect to VPN.
However, this is not working, I have to connect to VPN manually, after I
am connected to the internet.

Second is about secure and insecure networks.

It would be fine to have a special "security" option for all networks.
If user marks network as secure, nothing really happens after s/he
connects to that network.

But if user marks network as not secure (or - does not mark it as
secure), then immediatelly after computer is connected to the internet,
VPN connection is established. If VPN connection cannot be established
access to internet is blocked, and user warned about security. However,
user should have an option to manually confirm s/he wants to use
insecure network, but that would not be done automatically.

The same should happen when VPN connection drops. Now I am using VPN
connection on a public WiFi and if VPN drops, there is fallback to
insecure open Wifi. If I do not notice that, I am using insecure
network, which is really bad...

Third is about anonymity.

You probably know Tor project: http://www.torproject.org/. Tor is an
anonimisation software, some kind of powerful network proxy.

In order to be really anonymous, user must have appropriate netwokr
settings. H. D. Moore developed interesting application (here:
http://www.metasploit.com/data/decloak/) to test the true anonymity of
the user. The problem is, that different applications use different
network settings so it is possible to reveal true IP address of the user.

So, would be possible to add anoymity feature in Network Manager.
Sometnihg like "I want to use internet anoymously" switch, which will
set all user's TCP connections to Tor network?

Bye,

Matej