iwl3945 delayed scan results after resume

After resuming, NM has an empty list of networks for about 30 seconds
before the scan results are populated and it reconnects to my AP. This
is on Fedora 9 with:

NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.9.4.svn3675.fc9.i386
NetworkManager-gnome-0.7.0-0.9.4.svn3675.fc9.i386
kernel-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686
wpa_supplicant-0.6.3-6.fc9.i386
libnl-1.1-3.fc9.i386

$ cat /sys/module/iwl3945/version
1.2.26kds

Doing some manual testing without NM, I find that if I run iwlist
immediately after bringing up the device, I get no results. But, if I
sleep for about half a second after bringing the device up, I get
results including my AP. So,

# ifconfig wlan0 up && iwlist wlan0 scan
Shows no results

# ifconfig wlan0 up && sleep 1 && iwlist wlan0 scan
Gets results

Any chance this is connected to the delay with NM after resume? Is
there anything I can do to test further? I'd be willing to build a
wireless-testing kernel or something if this seems to be a driver
issue.

Thanks.