Re: vpn connection failure

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 17:40 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 17:27 -0400, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> > I'm trying to get VPN to work on my Ubuntu 7.04 installation with
> > NetworkManager Applet 0.6.4. I'm using the same IP address, user name
> > and password that works on a vpn connection on my Windows box, but here
> > I keep getting this error message:
> >
> > "VPN Connection Failure
> > Could not start VPN connection due to a connection error.
> > VPN Connection failed."
> >
> > I can't seem to find anything on the NetworkManager page or elsewhere
> > that gives any instructions on configuring the VPN connection. Can
> > anyone help with this? (PS--there is no firewall running on the box
> > right now and still no connection.)
>
> Which VPN plugin?  openvpn, vpnc, or pptp?  Also, if openvpn, what
> version of openvpn are you using?
>
> Dan

I don't see anywhere in the config window where it tells me. I think I
have a pptp plugin. On the connection page, the only connection type
option is Windows pptp, which is what I want to use. Just today I tried
the openvpn plugin (no idea which version). But the openvpn plugin
didn't make any difference in the behavior or the config options.

I don't find anywhere on the NetworkManager help page that tells me
anything about plugins, as I don't find anything that guides me through
the various config possibilities that appear on the VPN config dialog.
Am I missing a source of info somewhere?

Thanks.

EB