Re: Problems with network-manager 0.6.6 in Ubuntu(8.04)

I can confirm this bug. My work wlan uses the same method and i'm also running Ubuntu 8.04. It is impossible to connect to the network (while in Ubuntu 7.10 i could connect using networkmanager) and it seems that the password goes in the wrong field (private key password instead of user password).

Regards,

Jeroen

Rev. Justin Brown wrote:
thanks for the reply
Here's how I've filled it in. This has always worked in the past (provided IPv6 is disabled, our network doesn't like it)
Network Name: slunet
Wireless Security: WPA Enterprise
EAP Method: PEAP
Key Type: Dynamic WEP
Pahase2 Type: MSCHAPv2
Identity: my  username
password: my password
everything else blank

Thanks again
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com <mailto:dcbw redhat com>> wrote:

    On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 13:00 -0500, Rev. Justin Brown wrote:
     > I am trying to connect to my school's wireless network (PEAP,
     > MSCHAPv2, Dynamic WEP). I use Ubuntu and am trying to switch to Hardy
     > beta. It comes with network-manager 0.6.6. <http://0.6.6./>
    However, I can no longer
     > connect. I have tried two different ways: "Connect to another
    network"
     > and "Connect to 802.1x network." They both seem to yield the same
     > result. Are there any known regressions or should I change to a
     > older/newer version? Whenever I edit the connections, the default
     > always stores my password as a Private key instead of a password,
     > which seems strange, but that also doesn't help.

    The "Connect to 802.1x network..." is only for wired, perhaps we should
    put a "wired" in there so it's clearer.

    Which specific fields are you filling in the GUI dialog and what are you
    putting into them?