wpa_supplicant options

I'm trying to force NetworkManager to run wpa_supplicant with a
specific set of options (most importantly, -Dmadwifi) but it seems no
matter what files I edit, it always gets run with the same options.
I've tried /etc/wpa_supplicant/functions.sh,
/etc/wpa_supplicant/ifupdown.sh, and
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/01ifupdown so far, but I don't see
what other files would be used.  Can someone please point me to how to
change the wpa_supplicant options NetworkManager uses?

--
Joel Goguen
http://jgoguen.net/