Re: Subversion NetworkManager not operational (for me).

On Nov 15, 2007 3:47 PM, Fred Clausen <fred derf nl> wrote:
> So, while at work today (where I am using wired ethernet), I decided to
> check out the latest svn sources and compile them. I used the following
> autogen line:
>
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-dbus-sys=/etc/dbus-1/system.d\
> --with-wpa_supplicant=/sbin/wpa_supplicant\
> --with-dhcdbd=/usr/sbin/dhcdbd --with-distro=debian

There are no --with-wpa_supplicant and --with-dhcdbd configure flags anymore.

> This built fine and I also built the latest nm-applet. However, when I
> start NetworkManager is does not see any Wireless access points and
> cannot get a DHCP lease from the wired ethernet.

You need wpa_supplicant >= 0.5.8 built with dbus support (see if
wpa_supplicant --help shows '-u' flag). NM doesn't try to start it so
you'll either need to start it manually (as root, with -u) before
running NM or use dbus 1.1.x which has system service activation. (For
that to work, you'll need patches from fedora 8 wpa_supplicant package
until Dan gets them upstream).

Tambet