Re: New OpenVPN interface

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 22:48 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 19:11 -0500, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> > Attached are the patches to the openvpn gui I promised.  I think they
> > provide a simplistic default interface with the ability to expose the
> > numerous configuration options needed by the vpn clients.
> >
> > Some Notes:
> >
> > The patch against trunk includes my fixes to make import-export work
> > properly as well as the gui changes.
> >
> > I read up on the details of the Direction flag for TLS-Auth, and
> > apparently it can be any of those options.  Most the how-to's show
> > Server as 0 and Client as 1 but really the client just has to be the
> > opposite of the server, or both could be none.  So for now I will leave
> > those radio buttons in the config.
> >
> > The advanced dialog is modal and transient on the nm-vpn-properties
> > window.  I couldn't find a quick and easy way to figure out if it was
> > launched from a druid or editor window.
>
> Committed to trunk and stable, thanks.  If you want to take a stab at
> the other two, feel free :)

I already have the VPNC done, I just need to clean up the patch.  I am
working on the PPTP one.  That one is taking some time because I am
trying to organize the multiple options in a more general sense.  I will
post some screenshots to get opinions very soon.

I will also be more than willing to help with the openswan dialogs once
he is at that point.

Jon