Re: ipw2200: nm thinks that networks are present even if the card is off

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 17:46 +0100, yelo_3 wrote:
> well... so you are in a different situation! in my
> case if I'm connected the signal drops to 0 bars (only
> the applet icon), but the list is not purged, nor
> updated with 0% signal... which laptop do you have? or
> better, what does your hotkey do? mine manipulates the
> file
>
> /sys/class/net/eth1/device/rf_kill
>
> I'm using ubuntu feisty now... but I remember that in
> edgy it was the same

rfkill is badly supported under Linux.  Right now there are a plethora
of different ways that different drivers and hardware report rfkill.  I
don't want NM to have to implement 15 different methods of detecting and
handling rfkill, and therefore we will wait until a more unified
solution exists.

This solution is in the works, see netdev/linux-wireless where Ivo van
Doorn is working on it.

Matthew Garret is also working on an interim solution using HAL, which
NM will likely use when it's ready.

Dan