WPA-enterprise passwords stored in plaintext

Dear list,

Network-manager connects to a WPA-enterprise+PEAP
network (which happens flawlessly, my compliments).
However, I just found out, that the username
(identity) and password that I use to login to the
network are stored as plaintext in gconf.

I think that this is a security issue. passwords
should never be readable as plain text (this happens
more often, by the way).

A WPA-personal key is stored in gnome-keyring and not
visible. I suggest that the same will be done for
login names and passwords that are used to login to a
WPA-enterprise network.

In fact wpa_supplicant.conf has the same problem. I
hstrongly advise that this will be addressed.