Re: Fwd: Problem changing authentication type for wireless connection

On 9/29/06, Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net> wrote:
Derek Broughton wrote:
> The problem with that would be that the flood of messages already
> doesn't make much sense.  More isn't necessarily better.

You keep saying that. But more is better in this case.

You may be correct that the _different_ messages could be useful, but
MORE IS NOT BETTER to an average user, or even necessarily to an
extraordinary user.  I've been in the software development business
for 30 years now, and I'm generally considered pretty good at
debugging problem code, but the only way I'm going to get any useful
information out of wpa_supplicant''s logging is to go into the code.
--
derek