connecting to a WPA secured wireless network often fails and takes a very long time

Hi everyone,

I use Ubuntu 6.06 and NM 0.6.2 on my HP Pavilion dx5158ea to connect my WPA secured wireless network.

My problem is, each time I try to connect it fails for several times after trying to connect each time for a few minutes. I keep trying to connect again and again (of course it asks me the same WPA key each time) and if I am lucky it can finally connect in the end, but it may cost me 5-10 minutes to get my connection (which has always been there) and all this effort can often be annoying.

If I somehow lose my connection -deliberately or not- I experience all the same story from the beginning.

I was wondering if this is a known problem and/or do you know a solution for it, please?

Thank you.

Regards,
Ertugrul Harman