Re: Starting Network Manager?

On 10/18/06, Jeff Schallenberg <schallenberg jeff gmail com> wrote:
NM occasionally refuses to run on startup with my Ubuntu box. The only way I
can connect to a wireless access point is then to re-boot, and hope NM
starts this time :-(

So, two really newbie questions:

1. Is there a list of startup applications I can check?

System->Preferences-Sessions->Startup make sure nm-applet --sm-disable is listed

2. When NM is not started, how can I manually start it?

hit alt-f2 and type nm-applet --sm-disable

Though it is odd that NM isn't starting for you, if you look in syslog
do you see any errors?