Fwd: Status of NM with LEAP authentication feature.

Woops, forgot to send to the list too.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thiago Bauermann < thiago bauermann gmail com>
Date: 13.10.2006 01:58
Subject: Re: Status of NM with LEAP authentication feature.
To: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>

2006/10/12, Dan Williams < dcbw redhat com>:
On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 16:10 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Up to now I have been using NM with LEAP authentication on my FC5
> machine. To do this I had to download the source from the CVS repository
> and compile.
> Will this version of NM be ever be ready as an RPM? In FC6 maybe?
Somebody could backport the patch... hint hint :)  It's pretty
self-contained.

I have just downloaded the source tarball for NM 0.6.4 and applied the LEAP patch to it.
Amasingly enough, the only reject is in src/Makefile.am, which is trivial to fix.

NM compiled and ran correctly. Unfortunately, I don't have a LEAP network around right now,
so I can't confirm that it connects to it, but I think it would. At least NM does all the steps it should and sends wpa_supplicant the correct config for a LEAP network...
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann

--