ipw3945 with wpa-psk and NM

Just got a new HP dv2000 laptop with ipw3945. Setup winXP with wpa-psk
and a netgear router and it worked. Couldn't wait to get FC6 on it.
After a bit of a struggle with the ipw3935 driver and the reg-daemon I
finally managed to get the wireless working but only the old way. I
created a network-script ifcfg-eth1 with an open network and it worked.
Now I would like to get NM working with wpa-psk.

Should I remove the network script and start new? Do I have to do
anything with wpa_supplicant? Is there a fedora specific howto
somewhere?

Thanks, --Louis