Re: Router nameserver issue

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 11:06 -0600, Eli Criffield wrote:
> The real problem is your router, i would bet there is a way to
> configure it to send out the correct nameservers in its DHCP reply.
> That is what needs fixed.

Right, eventually we may fix this through system config, but the
solution right now is to fix your router?  Do you have to manually set
the DNS server for _every_ machine on your network?  Doesn't the router
farm out the DNS server address of your ISP that you've configured the
router with?

> you could put `/usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's/192.168.8.1/nameserver_IP/g'
> /etc/resolv.conf` in a script and give it a button on a toolbar or
> something, just for a quick hack.

Or, install NetworkManagerDispatcher and have it run the script
automatically...

Dan