RE: Finding existing PPP connection?

I can probably use the generic system (Gnome) network connections to
create a dial up connection. There is only two problems. One is I can't
seem to add multiple modems (as if I had the Sprint Card, and a built-in
traditional modem), and the other is that Sprint doesn't need (and I
believe doesn't even work with) a username. I can't create a connection
in Gnome without a username. The Close/Apply button goes grey until you
enter a username. I also can't do special things like persistent
connections (the connection drops after 150 minutes or so) and lcp echos
(unless this is all written to ppp0 in Ubuntu).

What about two different plugins for PPPD and WVDial? Just how many
dialers are there? I only know of the two, but I am sure there are some
others out there... But they probably don't run NM on those computers
anyway.

Jason C. Greb
ElectroNerdz, Inc.
jgreb electronerdz com